Monday, August 3, 2009

Well, I'm back...

To quote Samwise Gamgee, "Well, I'm back"... from a long and rewarding summer. Quite honestly, it felt sort of like something out of Lord of the Rings. There were many battles and experiences this summer, fighting in prayer for my campers and for the other staff, and boldly proclaiming the Gospel, urging others forward, discipling and being discipled. And yet, this is just "one meter" of the race set before us. (To quote the Executive Director of the camp in his exhortation to us as staff going into the last week. )

This summer, I have seen many battles, seen the work of prayer, drawn closer into an intimate relationship with my King, proclaimed the Gospel boldly, and been stretched and pulled and worn out and refreshed. I've seen God do great and mighty acts in the campers lives, and in mine. This summer was where I have begun to live out more and more all that God has taught me and many of what I have written here, I've seen grow more and more in my life.

Now, all too often, it can be easy to back down after a summer like this. It can be easy to fall back into routine, but I've realized that the battle and adventure is just beginning. In reality, I'm moving from one battle to the next, all in the same war. It was easy in some ways to be laying it all on the line for God in the context of the summer camp environment...but now comes the next battle, to continue all that I've learned and practiced and go deeper with them in a whole new environment. It's easy to do it in the camp setting, but now the war has transitioned back to the everyday life. I have committed to continue in the fight where I am now, continuing to fight in prayer, continuing to boldly declare the Gospel, to encourage and challenge others, to disciple and be discipled, to grow in my intimate time with my King. I have finished the 1 meter of this summer...now onto the next.

Needless to say, I have learned experienced, and seen a lot, and there will be plenty of blog entries forthcoming as I spend this month reflecting on this summer and looking to what is ahead. Thanks to all who were supporting and fighting for me in prayer as I went forth for my King. Please don't stop, as the war still continues, it is just a different battle ahead of me.

Well, I will close today's entry, and I hope no one minded too much the lack of entries this summer. Don't worry, there will be lots coming your way very soon!

For Christ's Glory!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back, PK! May God bless you with some rest in Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's wonderful to have you back home again! You are always in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete