Thursday, September 3, 2009

No turning back now...

Well, in less than 32 hours, I will be leaving life as I know it and will be arriving at Pensacola Christian College to begin my freshman year. I will be majoring in youth ministries. I am looking forward to what God has in store for me and what He'll do this coming year. I am a little apprehensive about this radical change in my life, but if I've learned anything this summer, it is that it is important and extremely beneficial to rely on God, and so I will be!

Please pray for me, as the war against the flesh and Satan is not over. I will be heading to a new battle ground. I fought for my King this summer at camp, and now it is time to head to college. Even though the atmosphere and situation will be totally different, it is still the same war. I'm not sure what to expect. Please pray for me, that I will remain faithful to my King, that I am vigilant, that I am constantly in an intimate communion with my King, that I seek to know where and what He wants me to do. Pray that I seek opportunities to boldly declare His gospel. Pray that I have victory against the flesh, my sinful nature. Pray that my sole desire remains to be Him, and that that desire continues to grow. Pray that I have wisdom and strength to do what God calls me to do. Above all, please pray that I glorify God in all do, that He is glorified in my life.

I am excited to see what God will do this year, and I know that He will have great plans for me and will be glorified. Thank you to everyone who is praying for me and who did this summer, and to those who might do so this coming semester.

Unfortunately, I do not know if I will be able to blog during the schooling semesters...but be sure to check back in once I start blogging again. I know God has great plans ahead for me in college, and I hope to share what He is and will be teaching me in the near future.

Never stop seeking the Lord. Seek to follow Him with all your being.

For Christ's Glory!

1 comment:

  1. PK, I just wanted to say...I ended up transitioning over the summer, too, now studying worship at CFNI in Dallas, TX. Every step was ordained by God and it was and is a trust walk. God is going to do mighty things in and through you this year! May your trust in Him grow fervently! Just an FYI...I attend Heartland World Ministries where Pastor Steve Hill is the pastor. I didn't know if your new school is at all affiliated with Pastor Hill. In any case, I hope you have an amazing semester, and I will pray for you, brother, as the Lord leads! Be steadfast in prayer, reading His Word, and seeking His face alway, all the way Home! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete